Did you know that you can make your own chocolate eggs? It’s very easy. I’ve made these with my friends last year:
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150 ml double cream
- 250g butter
- 1 tsp honey
- About half a tablet of white chocolate
How to make chocolate Easter eggs:
- Break a bar of dark chocolate into pieces then put these in a mixing bowl.
- Ask an adult to melt the butter, honey and cream to simmering point , then immediately pour this over the chocolate. Let it cool, then put this into the fridge for about 4 hours.
- When the chocolate is almost hard , form egg-shapes between your palms. Put the eggs on a tray and put the tray into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate and use it to decorate the eggs – for example, dip the eggs into it, or draw dots, stripes and Easter motives. Let them set – and enjoy!
- Homemade chocolate Easter eggs are much more tasty than the ones you buy in the shops! Also, it’s fun to make them.
- My mummy says that adults might wish to add a spoonful of orange liqueur or cherry brandy to the mixture.