At Halloween time you can buy boxes of freshly-baked gingerbread men at most supermarkets. These are perfect for making spooky Halloween treats – for example, you can turn them into skeletons or injured gingerbread men. This is how to do it:
- 1 box gingerbread men
- Red and white icing pen or tubes, chocolate pen
- Red jam (strawberry, raspberry, cherry etc)
- Ready-rolled icing or white marzipan
Here are a few ideas you can do:
- Snap the heads, legs or arms off the gingerbread men. Glue them back with jam. Draw some scary faces with the icing pen.
- Draw on them scars, casts and bandages with the icing. Add some jam for bloody wounds and cuts!
- Using white icing or chocolate pens draw skeleton bones on them!
- Cut very thin, long strips out of ready-rolled icing. Wrap the gingerbread people with the strips making into mummies (leave a gap on the head for the eyes, which you can draw with the icing pen)
- Of course you can make your own, home-made gingerbread men. I’ll try out a few recipes and let you know which is the best one!
- If you have more spooky ideas – please share with us under the comments!
Other Easy Halloween recipes:
- Halloween orange lanterns with jelly
- Halloween chestnut pancakes
- Halloween muffins
- Easy Halloween Cookies
- Crispy brains
- Hot-dog with severed fingers
- Scary mummy sausage rolls
- Green jelly monsters
- Chocolate skeleton bones