I made these mini spiced pizzas for our Halloween party. I used my favourite pizza dough recipe, but you can use your own, or even a Ready Rolled Pizza Dough Base from the supermarkets. Same with the pizza sauce – you can make your own or use a jar or tin of pizza topping sauce from the shops. The mini pizzas are really easy and fun to make – they are very tasty too!
- 1 pizza dough ( about 300g)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato Pizza sauce
- Black olives, pitted
How to make the mini spider pizzas:
- Preheat the oven to 200c degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper or grease a non-stick tray with little oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough thinly and, using a 6 cm round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out mini pizza bases.
- Place the pizza bases on the baking sheet.
- Spread some sauce on top of each pizza.
- Cut the mozzarella into thin rounds and put these on the pizzas (make sure they don’t overlap the base).
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden.
- Remove the mini pizzas from the oven. Let them cool then put them on a platter.
- Cut the olives in half. Use some of these as the body of the spiders, then cut a few more into very thin slices – these will be the legs.
- Arrange the olives on top of the mini pizzas creating the spiders.
- Serve and enjoy the spooky mini spider pizzas!